[Crash-utility] [Xen-devel] libxl: crash fails to load vmcore when the guest memory greater than 4G

Zhangwei (FF) zw.zhang at huawei.com
Thu Jun 12 01:02:35 UTC 2014

Yes, I have used the patch, and it work.

Thanks Don Slutz and Daniel for timely help.

-zhangwei

Sender: Daniel Kiper [mailto:dkiper at net-space.pl]
Send Time: 2014年6月12日 3:19
To: Don Slutz
CC: Zhangwei (FF); Daniel Kiper; Chenguoping; xen-devel at lists.xen.org; vincent.hanquez at eu.citrix.com; Xuzhichuang; stefano.stabellini at eu.citrix.com; Discussion list for crash utility usage, maintenance and development
Topic: Re: [Xen-devel] libxl: crash fails to load vmcore when the guest memory greater than 4G

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 02:14:40PM -0400, Don Slutz wrote:
> I was able to reproduce this. The issue that I found is that the file
> offset was being truncated to a long (32bits...). The attached patch fixes my test case.

Zhangwei, could you test Don's patch?

Daniel