[Crash-utility] uniquely identifying KDUMP files that originate from QEMU

Dave Anderson anderson at redhat.com
Thu Nov 13 15:21:57 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
> From: Dave Anderson <anderson at redhat.com>
> Subject: Re: uniquely identifying KDUMP files that originate from QEMU
> Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 09:09:34 -0500

Not necessary -- as it turns out, the QEMU notes are located in the compressed
kdump notes section following the NT_PRSTATUS notes:

  http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/kexec/2014-November/012974.html

It's just that the notes-gathering code in the crash utility was only
looking for and storing NT_PRSTATUS note information.