[Crash-utility] [ANNOUNCE] crash gcore command, version 1.3.0-rc is released

Dave Anderson anderson at redhat.com
Wed Oct 15 19:11:44 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

> (2014/10/14 22:34), Dave Anderson wrote:
> >
> > Hello Daisuke,
> >
> > Thanks for the update -- I will post my results later.
> >
> > However, I note that you did not make the small ARM64 update
> > that I emailed to you last week:
> >
> > This should be changed:
> >
> >    #ifdef ARM64
> >    #define ELF_EXEC_PAGESIZE 4096
> >
> > to:
> >
> >    #ifdef ARM64
> >    #define ELF_EXEC_PAGESIZE PAGESIZE()
> >
> > Please make that change.
> >

> I'll merge this in the next rc release.

OK good -- thanks.

I have successfully tested this version (with the fix above) on ARM64
kernels configured with 4K and 64K pages, and also when the gcore module
is built and run on an x86_64 host with an ARM64 target.

Another question: another engineer here at Red Hat has recently
created a crash-gcore-command patch that implements support for PPC64,
both big-endian and little-endian.  May we post that patch for inclusion
in version 1.3.0?