[Crash-utility] [ANNOUNCE] crash gcore command, version 1.3.0-rc is released

Dave Anderson anderson at redhat.com
Thu Oct 16 17:59:29 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

> > From: Dave Anderson <anderson at redhat.com>
> > Subject: Re: [Crash-utility] [ANNOUNCE] crash gcore command, version
> > 1.3.0-rc
> > is released
> > Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 15:11:44 -0400

While sanity-checking the proposed PPC64 patch, I see that there is a small bug
in the current crash-gcore-command-1.3.0-rc code w/respect to the ELF header
contents:

The four architectures currently have these #defines:

  libgcore/gcore_defs.h       ELF_DATA               40 #define ELF_DATA ELFDATA2LSB
  libgcore/gcore_defs.h       ELF_DATA               60 #define ELF_DATA ELFDATA2LSB
  libgcore/gcore_defs.h       ELF_DATA               80 #define ELF_DATA ELFDATA2LSB
  libgcore/gcore_defs.h       ELF_DATA              100 #define ELF_DATA ELFDATA2LSB

But the ELF_DATA #define is not used, but rather the two ELF header fill functions
hardwire it to ELFDATA2LSB:

  libgcore/gcore_elf_struct.c elf64_fill_elf_header  47 e->e_ident[EI_DATA] = ELFDATA2LSB;
  libgcore/gcore_elf_struct.c elf32_fill_elf_header 220 e->e_ident[EI_DATA] = ELFDATA2LSB;

That's OK for the other 4 architectures, but the PPC64 architecture will need to be
either be ELFDATA2LSB or ELFDATA2MSB based upon whether it's ppc64le or not.