[Crash-utility] improve ps performance

Dave Anderson anderson at redhat.com
Tue Sep 9 21:01:43 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
> Hello Dave,
>

> I have modified the patch by your idea.
>
> Please check.
>
>    Thanks,
>      Pan

Hello Pan,

Thanks for updating this latest patch -- nice work!

I have made a few changes:

(1) a few name changes for clarity's sake,
(2) moved the new task_table members to the end of the structure
    so as to not break extension modules that use it,
(3) fixed the malloc() memory leak in get_task_mem_usage(),
(4) fixed the access of the tgid in store_context(), which needs to be
    accessed and stored as a pid_t and not a ulong,
(5) added the "help -T" output to show the new fields in the task_table,
(6) and probably some other stuff that I've forgotten...

But for the most part I have left things functionally the same.

I've attached the end result, and will continue testing it tomorrow.