[Crash-utility] help -D: Display qemu note of qemu mem dump compressed

Dave Anderson anderson at redhat.com
Tue Jan 6 20:07:48 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

> > Hello Dave,
> >
> > The patch is used to display qemu note of compressed qemu memory dump.
> > It is against the newest git. Please check.
>
> This is good -- I'm adding a few small display changes and will
> test the patch overnight.
>
> Thanks,
>   Dave

Hello Qiao,

These are the changes I made to your patch:

 (1) display the dd->num_qemu_notes counter
 (2) adjusted the QEMUCPUState display functions for proper "line-up" depending
     upon whether the caller is ELF or compressed kdump.
 (3) realloc() the dd->nt_qemu_percpu and dd->nt_prstatus_percpu arrays from NR_CPUS-based
     to the actual number of notes.
 (4) free() the dd->nt_qemu_percpu pointer array when it's not used.
 (5) renamed dump_nt_prstatus_offset() to dump_note_offsets(), and have it show
     the dumpfile offsets for both note types.

Queued for crash-7.1.0:

  https://github.com/crash-utility/crash/commit/6eb72743aea7b3d9ab964bf776ec8c180e0deadf