[Crash-utility] task: recursive temporary file usage

Rabin Vincent rabin.vincent at axis.com
Fri Jul 3 12:33:44 UTC 2015

Hi,

If I try to print a non-existing member of task_struct with foreach, I get
expected error messages:

 crash> foreach task -R invalid
 PID: 0      TASK: 806d9d30  CPU: 0   COMMAND: "swapper/0"
 task: invalid: not a task_struct or thread_info member

 PID: 0      TASK: 8fce2808  CPU: 1   COMMAND: "swapper/1"
 task: invalid: not a task_struct or thread_info member

 PID: 1      TASK: 8fc9c768  CPU: 0   COMMAND: "systemd"
 task: invalid: not a task_struct or thread_info member

But, if I try to do this with a non-existing submember of an existing
member, I get 'recursive temporary file usage':

 crash> foreach task -R se.invalid
 PID: 0      TASK: 806d9d30  CPU: 0   COMMAND: "swapper/0"
 task: invalid data structure member reference: se.invalid
 task: recursive temporary file usage
 task: recursive temporary file usage
 task: recursive temporary file usage
 task: recursive temporary file usage

This is with the the latest crash from git.  I think this started from
the patches which introduced the deep-printing of structures.  I haven't
investigated further yet, though.

Thanks.

/Rabin