[Crash-utility] New crash release for kernels >= 4.0?

Dave Anderson anderson at redhat.com
Wed May 20 16:59:22 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----
> Hello Dave,
>
> At least on s390 the latest crash version 7.1 does not work with kernels >=
> 4.0:
>
>  WARNING: kernels compiled by different gcc versions:
>    /boot/vmlinux: (unknown)
>    vmcore kernel: 4.9.2
>
>  WARNING: kernel version inconsistency between vmlinux and dumpfile
>
>  crash: incompatible arguments:  /boot/vmlinux is not SMP -- vmcore is SMP
>
> The git master branch seems to have a patch that solves this problem.
>
> IMO it would be good to have a new crash release with that fix.
> What do you think?
>
> Michael

Yeah, I know, I know...

I kind of assume that people running with bleeding edge kernels would
not be depending upon the releases, but rather do nightly git pulls and
rebuilds.

I've been planning a release for several weeks now, but something always
comes along that I need to get in.  I'd estimate next week some time.