[Crash-utility] right shift of the subtraction result

Dave Anderson anderson at redhat.com
Thu May 21 21:35:27 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

> > Or have you looked this pykdump project, to embed a python interpreter  sounds
> > like a good idea, since gdb has support python scripting as well,
> >
> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/pykdump/

Hi Derek,

I forgot to mention that there has been a link to the project above from the crash website
for several years now, accessible from the "Python scripts" link at the bottom:

  http://people.redhat.com/anderson

> I'm aware of it, and know that it's useful to those that do use it.  I don't speak
> python, and if I really need something that I can't get out of the command set
> I find it easier to write something in C for the hidden "test" command, or
> by a quick-and-dirty extension module.

Anyway, a fix has been queued for crash-7.1.1:

  https://github.com/crash-utility/crash/commit/3cbecbcd3c025b70078bd8a54c40981d5c32e9c1

Thanks for the report,