[Crash-utility] PATCH 00/10] teach crash to work with "live" ramdump

Oleg Nesterov oleg at redhat.com
Mon Apr 25 15:57:03 UTC 2016

Dave, sorry I need to run away. I'll reply tomorrow. And I need to
actually read your emails first, perhaps I misunderstood you...

Just one note,

On 04/25, Dave Anderson wrote:

> As I see it, this facility is simply another LIVE_SYSTEM memory source,
> of which there currently are /dev/mem, /proc/kcore and /dev/crash.  The
> essential difference between them is the pc->readmem plugin:

Well yes, to some degree...

But let me repeat, I believe that crash needs something like 1-7 (and probably
more) anyway. Otherwise it can't work with remote LIVE_SYSTEM correctly.

And while I think that 10/10 can be useful by itself (and least for me), this
is mostly POC which which allows to test/justify these LOCAL_ACTIVE changes
in 1-7.

Oleg.