[Crash-utility] compiling statically?

J Freyensee james_p_freyensee at linux.intel.com
Wed Aug 24 16:05:10 UTC 2016

Hi,

I just downloaded the latest crash code, and I would like to be able to
compile it statically.  I tried doing

"make LDFLAGS="-static -static-libgcc"

but I don't think that worked because I got quite a few of these type
of warning messages:

(example)
crash/extensions.c:253: warning: Using 'dlopen' in statically linked
applications requires at runtime the shared libraries from the glibc
version used for linking

crash/gdb-7.6/gdb/./common/linux-osdata.c:225: warning: Using
'getpwuid' in statically linked applications requires at runtime the
shared libraries from the glibc version used for linking

How could I compile crash as a static, 1 big exe?

Thanks for the help!