[Crash-utility] gcore: Segmentation fault due to renaming of old_rsp symbol in kernel

HATAYAMA Daisuke d.hatayama at jp.fujitsu.com
Mon Dec 5 08:29:42 UTC 2016

Eric,

Sorry for very delayed response.

I reviewed the patch in detail and I found that rsp_scratch is used
very temporarily at the entry point of system call and purpose of the
commit 263042e4630a85e856b4a8cd72f28dab33ef4741, triggering the
renaming of old_rsp to rsp_scratch, is to move the location of user
stack pointer from thread_struct::usersp to pt_regs saved at the
bottom of kernel stack.

So I fixed the issue so that gcore always refers to pt_regs for user
stack pointer if there's no usersp as a member of thread_struct.

I'll release a new tarball with other few fixes tomorrow.
Please wait for a while.