[Crash-utility] Crash tool support for 3level-64k and 4level-4K page tables on ARM64

Azriel Samson asamson at codeaurora.org
Wed Jan 6 00:28:50 UTC 2016

Hi David,

I recently tested makedumpfile on ARM64 with 3level-4K, 3level-64K and
4level-4K page tables.

I tried to analyze the dumpfile with the crash tool.
I noticed that with 3level-64K and 4level-4K I got the following error
when I tried to run "kmem -f" :

kmem: invalid kernel virtual address: ffff************  type: "first
list entry"

I did not see the above error with 3level-4K. Also, on all three
combinations, other commands (bt,dmesg etc) ran fine.

Are there any plans to add support to the crash tool for these
additional kernel configurations?

Azriel Samson
Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc.
The Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of the Code Aurora Forum,
a Linux Foundation Collaborative Project