[Crash-utility] arm64: "bt -f" output

Dave Anderson anderson at redhat.com
Fri Jun 10 20:37:42 UTC 2016

Hi Takahiro,

To address my concerns about your patch, I added a few additional changes and attached
it to this email.  The changes are:

(1) Prevent the stack dump "below" the #0 level.  Yes, the stack data region is contained within
    the incoming frame parameters, but it's ugly and we really don't care to see what's before
    the #0 crash_kexec and crash_save_cpu #0 frames.
(2) Fill in the missing stack dump at the top of the process stack, up to, but not including
    the user-space exception frame.
(3) Instead of showing the fp of 0 in the top-most frame's stack address, fill it in with the
    address of the user-space exception frame.

Note that there is no dump of the stack containing the user-space exception frame, but the
register dump itself should suffice.

If you can live with the display, I'll clean up the patch, and maybe add the stack-layout diagram
from your last post into a comment.  It was quite helpful, especially in comparison to the
x86_64 model, which is what I was mistakenly using as a guide.