[Crash-utility] [PATH v3 0/3] arm64: fix kernel memory map handling for kaslr-enabled kernel

AKASHI Takahiro takahiro.akashi at linaro.org
Mon May 30 06:42:11 UTC 2016

On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 08:50:39AM -0400, Dave Anderson wrote:
> Takahiro,
>
> I am out of the office until next Tuesday, so I won't be able to
> comment on the v3 patch until then.  One thing, though, is that
> I already fixed the page _count to _refcount issue in the github
> repo a few days ago.

OK, I removed it.
Anyway don't worry, I will post v4.

I think that the backward compatibility issue due to VA_BITS is also
fixed in this version.
In v4.5 or earlier (say, for 48-bit VA),
    swapper_pg_dir: 0xffff800000b6f000
bu in v4.6,
    swapper_pg_dir: 0xffff000008ce9000
So we need machdep->flags & NEW_VMEMMAP check in arm64_calc_VA_BITS().

Thanks,
-Takahiro AKASHI

> Thanks,
>   Dave
>

> > Not a big jump from v2, but ...
> >
> > Chnages in v3:
> > * Refined KASLR handling
> >   hopefully the tool works even on a live system if CONFIG_RANDOMIZE_RAM
> > is
> >   not configured
> > * Fixed a renaming of a member of struct page
> > * Removed a commit message regarding an issue of backtracing a panic'ed
> > task
> >   because this is not a bug in this tool, but my kdump patch's.
> > * Reported "kmem <vmalloc addr>" issue in a commit message
> >
> > changes in v2:
> > * Fixed build warnings
> > * Moved ARM64_NEW_VMEMMAP to machdep->flags
> > * Show additional kaslr-related parameters in arm64_dump_machdep_table()
> > * Handle a VMCOREINFO, "NUMBER(kimage_voffset)"
> >
> > AKASHI Takahiro (3):
> >   arm64: fix kernel memory map handling for kaslr-enabled kernel
> >   fix a renaming of a member of struct page, _count to _refcount
> >   arm64: show a warning for 48-bit kernel with 4KB page
> >
> >  arm64.c   | 219
> >  defs.h    |  24 +++++--
> >  main.c    |   7 +-
> >  memory.c  |   6 +-