[Crash-utility] crash doesn't decode regs with 7.1.5

Rabin Vincent rabin at rab.in
Mon Oct 17 21:19:29 UTC 2016

On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 01:46:43PM -0700, Sagar Borikar wrote:
> I am facing issues with crash 7.1.5 for little endian mips CPU. Crash
> is not able to decode the registers. But except registers all other
> information is good. I tried to look at the notes section in the core
> but doesn't seem anything wrong there. If I trace the vmcore with mips
> gdb I can get the correct stack trace and register info.

Do you have more than one CPU?  And if so, does your dump ELF notes
section have CORE notes for all CPUs (readelf --notes should give be
able to give you this info)?  I notice that the note to CPU mapping is
incorrect for mips if some CPU (other than the last one) didn't save its
registers.  I've just sent a patch to the list to fix that and some
other problems with the dump register handling, could you please try
that out and see if it gives you a backtrace?