[Crash-utility] Speed up list/tree '-s' output.

Dave Anderson anderson at redhat.com
Wed Sep 7 20:44:59 UTC 2016

----- Original Message -----
> Dave,
>
> I've added support for recognition of strings/functions. Turned out that such logic
> doesn't impose severe efficiency penalty.
> Also I've changed logic according to your suggestions.
> Please take a look at the updated patch:
>
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/hziSot/crash-patches/09fc7245631795ad6b73321991a4bd9c78b2bc7d/crash_speed_up_tree_list.patch
>
> Thanks,
> Alexandr.

Hi Alexandr,

Your patch is queued for crash-7.1.6:

  https://github.com/crash-utility/crash/commit/114c87c0319f9f6b9511af5cf7847596cec842bb

I did make a few minor changes:

 - Fixed dump_struct_members_fast() to properly handle a radix
   argument of 0, which means to use the current default.
 - Changed the req_entry is_str and is_ptr members to be int *.
 - Fixed up the list and tree help pages.

Everything else was cosmetic, variable name-changes for clarity's sake, etc.