[Crash-utility] crash can't switch frame and look up the local variable of stack

Petr Tesarik ptesarik at suse.cz
Mon Jun 26 17:20:21 UTC 2017

On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 14:17:08 +0800
"qendo" <qendo at qq.com> wrote:

> hi all
>     while i using crash to analysis kdump, i find some missing feature of crash
>     crash can't switch frame and look up the local variable of stack like gdb
>         p local_var_a
>         p local_var_b
>         info local
>         f 1
>         f 2
>         f 3
>         is there any plan support those operation?

No, as far as I know it would need a major change in the design. There
is another project which tries to integrate more closely with gdb, and
that one is able to show local variables:

  https://github.com/jeffmahoney/crash-python

However, this project is still in very early stages (and requires a
patch to gdb, which hasn't been accepted by upstream yet). Unless you
plan to hack on it, it's probably not what you want...

Regards,
Petr Tesarik