[Crash-utility] accessing RAM filesystem content in vmcore

Tim D. Hammer tdhammer at acm.org
Fri Dec 6 11:53:32 UTC 2019

Is it possible to access a pstore filesystem in /proc/vmcore?

We do not have persistent memory to connect to pstore. We have ramoops and
kexec/kdump enabled, and I can see that the call trace output from a
SysRq-C (along with other dmesg content) is in vmcore (via hexdump), but am
struggling with how to extract that from /proc/vmcore (hopefully quickly so
that kexec/kdump can finish and restart the system to full functionality).

Any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

.Tim