[Crash-utility] crash and makedumpfile with 5.3 missing memory in dump

Kazuhito Hagio k-hagio at ab.jp.nec.com
Fri Nov 1 13:54:30 UTC 2019

Hi,

As John mentioned, makedumpfile needs the following patch to work with
5.3 or later correctly.  This patch is in the devel branch now.
Please try the latest one.
https://sourceforge.net/p/makedumpfile/code/ci/7bdb468c2c99dd780c9a5321f93c79cbfdce2527/

Although the commit message says that it causes makedumpfile an error,
I saw some patterns later that makedumpfile created a broken dumpfile
without error.

(Usually I had to wrote "Required for kernel 5.3" in the commit message,
but forgot it at that time..)

Thanks,
Kazu