[Crash-utility] 答复: [External Mail]Re: zram decompress support for gcore/crash-utility

Dave Anderson anderson at redhat.com
Tue Apr 7 16:44:29 UTC 2020

----- Original Message -----
> Hi,Dave
>
> The latest patch have been attached,please check
>
> Thanks.

In diskdump.c, I should have noticed this before, but there a fundamental
problem with *all* of your readmem() calls, because you qualify each of them
with RETURN_ON_ERROR -- and then just continue on presuming that they were
successful.  If RETURN_ON_ERROR is specified, you need to check the return
value of readmem(), and then proceed appropriately.

However, as far as I can tell, all of your readmem() calls should be FAULT_ON_ERROR.
That way, if the readmem() call fails, you will see the error message using your
supplied "type" string, and the command will be aborted immediately.

And speaking of your readmem() error message type strings, please remove
the "readmem " part of the strings.  For example,

+       readmem(page + OFFSET(page_private), KVADDR, &zspage,
+                       sizeof(void *), "readmem page_private", RETURN_ON_ERROR);
+       readmem(zspage, KVADDR, &zspage_s, sizeof(struct zspage), "readmem zspage", RETURN_ON_ERROR);

Just make them "page_private", "zspage", etc.

And re-thinking memory.c, there really is no point in displaying the
"zram decompress success" message.  If try_zram_compress() fails,
you will see the reason why it failed based upon the error message
generated by the failing embedded/secondary readmem() call.  If it
works OK, you will see the requested data.  Why bother to show "success"?

+                                       cnt = try_zram_decompress(paddr, (unsigned char *)bufptr, cnt, PAGEOFFSET(addr));
+                                       if (cnt) {
+                                               if (CRASHDEBUG(2))
+                                                       error(INFO, "0x%lx zram decompress success\n", addr);
+                                               bufptr += cnt;
+                                               addr += cnt;
+                                               size -= cnt;
+                                               continue;

+       readmem(zspage, KVADDR, &zspage_s, sizeof(struct zspage), "readmem zspage", RETURN_ON_ERROR);+       readmem(page + OFFSET(page_private), KVADDR, &zspage,