[Crash-utility] ramdump support for va_bits_actual

vinayak menon vinayakm.list at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 10:33:23 UTC 2020

Hi Bhupesh,

On Sat, Apr 18, 2020 at 1:00 PM Bhupesh Sharma <bhsharma at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi Vinayak,
>
> On Fri, Apr 17, 2020 at 8:34 PM vinayak menon <vinayakm.list at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Dave,
> >
> > Noticed that raw ramdumps of 5.4 kernel aren't working with crash tip.
> > With the patches attached, I could get it working. Please take a look.
>
> Can you share some details/message-logs of the issue you are seeing?

The first issue was crash not resolving kimage_voffset, even with kaslr passed.

WARNING: kimage_voffset cannot be determined from the dumpfile.
          Try using the command line option: --machdep kimage_voffset=<addr>

One this was fixed, there were issue with VTOP for linear mapped addresses.

crash: read error: kernel virtual address: ffffff817f2ee628  type:
"IRQ stack pointer"
crash: read error: kernel virtual address: ffffff817f312380  type:
"memory section root table"

Later, there were issues with PTOV during FILL_PMD (read error "pmd page")

Thanks,
Vinayak