[Crash-utility] new printk ringbuffer interface

HAGIO KAZUHITO(萩尾 一仁) k-hagio-ab at nec.com
Thu Apr 23 19:21:14 UTC 2020

makedumpfile has some architecture or kernel version specific values in it and
switches them by conditions, but the reason why we can do this is that they are
mostly constants that rarely change and can be got from the kernel source easily.
With respect to structure sizes and memger offsets, I don't think of a way to do
this easily.

And then if we define all the structures in makedumpfile with the version number,
how can we implement them and switch for each version?  The new ringbuffer is
structured very much, I cannot imagine that it can be handled efficiently.

Any ideas?

If there is no efficient way, we will need all of the entries in VMCOREINFO.

Thanks,
Kazu