[Crash-utility] How to apply crash utility into QEMU VM (Debian Base System)?

慕冬亮 mudongliangabcd at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 02:12:50 UTC 2020

Dear all,

I am writing to ask how to apply crash utility into QEMU VM(Debian
Base System generated from Debian Bootstrap).

I tried to enable kdump in the QEMU VM following this blog
(https://mudongliang.github.io/2018/07/02/debian-enable-kernel-dump.html).
But the log below shows kdump failed. The key problem should be that
/boot does not have corresponding config and vmlinuz. Is there any
solution to fix this problem?

```
Could not find an installed debug vmlinux image and
DEBUG_KERNEL is not specified in /etc/default/kdump-tools
makedumpfile may be limited to -d 1 ... (warning).
grep: /boot/config-4.13.0-rc5: No such file or directory
/usr/sbin/kdump-config: line 311: file: command not found
                                                     No kernel
specified
kexec-tools 2.0.3 released 10 December 2013
```

--
My best regards to you.

     No System Is Safe!