[Crash-utility] gcore extension source code

d.hatayama at fujitsu.com d.hatayama at fujitsu.com
Fri Jun 19 04:12:14 UTC 2020

Hi,

I don't implement NT_FILE with no specific reason. I'll accept a patch
for it if you make.

> > But now, I realized that there is a filter option, so tried "gcore -f 255", But I get this failure:
> > gcore: read error: physical address: 7cb8f3800000000  type: "page table"

-f option is based on the kernel's coredump_filter, which is utterly
 irrelevant to NT_FILE.

I don't see the address translation error. It's necessary to look into
a memory dump for investigation. But you can use -v option to enable
progress information and you may use it to recognize in what phase in
gcore command the address translation error occurs.

> > > I have implemented an improvement for gcore extension.
> > > However, when I searched for the gcore source code  in the main repository ? I don't find it.
> > > Can you tell me how to find it? Then I can create a patch, and share.

There is no public repository of crash-gcore-command. I have a git
repository in the office and I release the latest version of it as
source code now.

Thanks.
HATAYAMA, Daisuke