[Crash-utility] [ANNOUNCE] My retirement, and crash utility maintainership changes

Dave Anderson anderson at redhat.com
Mon May 4 14:10:52 UTC 2020

I'd like to take the opportunity to announce my retirement from
Red Hat, and from the workforce in general.  My last day at Red Hat
will be May 29th, 2020.

Accordingly, I will be relinquishing my role as maintainer of the crash
utility.  My replacement will be made up of three co-maintainers:

  Kazuhito Hagio   k-hagio-ab at nec.com
  Lianbo Jiang     lijiang at redhat.com
  Bhupesh Sharma   bhsharma at redhat.com

As you may be aware, Kazuhito will be performing double-duty, as he
is also the upstream maintainer of the makedumpfile facility; he has
been a significant contributor to the crash utility.  Lianbo and Bhupesh
have both been working extensively in the kexec/kdump area, both in
the kernel and the user-space utilities.

Initially Kazuhito will primarily be handling upstream github duties,
while Lianbo and Bhupesh will be handling Fedora, CentOS stream, and
RHEL maintenance.  All three will be involved in the acceptance of
patches posted on this mailing list.  Please welcome them in their
new roles; I am confident they will do a terrific job.

Since the https://people.redhat.com/anderson web page will be
decommissioned after my departure, its contents have been moved
to be co-located with the crash-utility github site:

  https://crash-utility.github.io

I want to express my appreciation to all of you who have contributed
patches, both bug fixes and new features, and most importantly, to the
support from users who have kept the crash utility alive for over 20 years
now.  It has been my great pleasure to have had the chance to work with
such an extraordinary international cast of characters.

I will still be lurking as a regular subscriber to this list, at my
home address: anderson at prospeed.net

It will be fun to watch what happens...

Best wishes to all of you in these trying times,

  Dave Anderson