[Crash-utility] [ANNOUNCE] My retirement, and crash utility maintainership changes

d.hatayama at fujitsu.com d.hatayama at fujitsu.com
Mon May 18 06:38:28 UTC 2020

Dave,

(Sorry for delayed response because I had one week vacation last week...)

Hagio-san and Bhupesh says they want to keep the current way
based the mailing list, and so I'll send the next patch set by
email.

> > > Since the https://people.redhat.com/anderson web page will be
> > > decommissioned after my departure, its contents have been moved
> > > to be co-located with the crash-utility github site:
> > >
> > >   https://crash-utility.github.io
> >
> > Do you plan to set a redirection from the current page? Rpm packages for
> > crash's extension modules have URL in each rpm information  like below and need to
> > modify it accordingly:
> >
> >     # yum info crash-gcore-command
> >     Loaded plugins: langpacks, product-id, search-disabled-repos, subscription-manager
> >     Available Packages
> >     Name        : crash-gcore-command
> >     Arch        : x86_64
> >     Version     : 1.3.1
> >     Release     : 0.el7
> >     Size        : 41 k
> >     Repo        : rhel-7-server-rpms/7Server/x86_64
> >     Summary     : Gcore extension module for the crash utility
> >     URL         : http://people.redhat.com/anderson/extensions/crash-gcore-command-1.3.1.tar.gz
> >     License     : GPLv2
> >     Description : Command for creating a core dump file of a user-space task that
> >                 : was running in a kernel dumpfile.
>
> Yes, when the packages are updated, the URLs will have to be changed.  During the build
> procedure, the package verification will fail if the upstream URL is defunct.

Thanks. I'll make sure that when we update the packages next, and
redirection will be helpful.

> > Also, when I want to release a new version of crash extnesion module, I send it to Hagio-san via
> > this mailing list as in the past, and then Hagio-san modifies the "crash extension modules" page.
> > Is this understanding correct?
>
> Yes, and then Kazu, Liang or Bhupesh will be able to update that page.

I see.

Thanks.
HATAYAMA, Daisuke