[Crash-utility] crash does not work with last fedora kernels?

David Wysochanski dwysocha at redhat.com
Mon Aug 2 12:59:54 UTC 2021

On Mon, Aug 2, 2021 at 7:35 AM David Wysochanski <dwysocha at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 31, 2021 at 5:33 AM lijiang <lijiang at redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Here's the feedback, cut/pasted from the other email thread:
> > >
> > Thank you for the feedback.
> >
> > > I'm seeing a lot of "invalid input" displayed like the below when
> > > using the 'bt' command.  Is this a known issue?
> > >

> > Yes.  This is a regression issue, which may be caused by the following patch:
> >  a3ea92bcae1f ("Fix for the tab completion output issues")
> >
> > Would you mind reverting the above patch and trying it again?
> >

> Sure thing Lianbo - I will revert the above, retest, and report back.

The revert fixed the problem - thanks for the suggestion!

I will understand if it turns out we cannot guarantee output format
from release to release - I am not sure what the options are with the
underlying issue(s).

If for some reason this cannot be fixed up, and output needs to change,
maybe at least describe how output will change in the commit message.
It's not fully clear what happened in this automation - I didn't get a
chance to track down what happened as it only occurred in certain
vmcores and possibly with certain sequences of commands.

Let me know if you want further testing.