[Crash-utility] [Crash Utility] Improvement for getting offline CPU register without symbol "crash_notes"

James Hsu (徐慶薰) James.Hsu at mediatek.com
Wed Jul 7 07:10:59 UTC 2021

Dear crash_tool maintainers,

We want to improve the crash_tool for the case that need offline cpu register info even Kdump without crash_notes.

For one thing,  we will prepare a Kdump with all CPU register info in ELF note.
For another thing, we need to modify crash_tool and make it support adding offline cpu register info even Kdump without crash_notes.

We prepare a patch for the case with ARCH=arm64.
Please take your time to review our patch and look forward to receving your comments.

BR
James Hsu