[Crash-utility] Crash utility with RT patchset

Abhishek Shah abrs612 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 12:30:31 UTC 2021

Hi Ron,

> I guess the address convention seems x8664 when looking at  0xffffffxxxxxxxx type sort of 64 bit virtual address.

arm64 also has a similar range of virtual addresses (see
"Documentation/arm64/memory.rst" in Linux),
currently my target is using 39-bits (as specified in crash command
used below) and 4 kB page table.

I see below address range being used, when giving "-d 1" to enable debug prints:

crash: get_cpus_present: present: 8
hypervisor: (undetermined)
ikconfig: 1616 valid configs.
SECTION_SIZE_BITS: 30
CONFIG_ARM64_VA_BITS: 39
      VA_BITS_ACTUAL: 39
(calculated) VA_BITS: 39
 PAGE_OFFSET: ffffff8000000000
    VA_START: ffffffc000000000
     modules: ffffffc008000000 - ffffffc00fffffff
     vmalloc: ffffffc010000000 - fffffffebffeffff
kernel image: fffffff009680000 - fffffff00b194000
     vmemmap: fffffffeffe00000 - ffffffffffffffff

Also ,There is no issue with crash (compiled for arm64) or vmlinux (arm64) type.

> Either that or possibly the offset at which you are trying to load.
Are you referring to kaslr offset? Without that in place, I get a
vmlinux/ramdump mismatch error.
So I am confident that it is correct.

Can anyone suggest whether any change is required in either crash utility or
RT Linux to make use of crash utility to analyze ramdump with RT Linux?

Regards,
Abhishek