[Crash-utility] crash does not work with last fedora kernels?

David Wysochanski dwysocha at redhat.com
Fri Jul 30 14:42:38 UTC 2021

On Thu, Jul 29, 2021 at 9:57 PM lijiang <lijiang at redhat.com> wrote:

> > Hi, David
> > Thank you for the attention.
> > Currently, Fedora kernel has been forced to generate the DWARF4 debuginfo via the
> > CONFIG_DEBUG_INFO_DWARF4 kernel option, see jforbes' comment:
> > https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/kernel/pull-request/48
> >
> > Once crash gdb is upgraded, the DWARF5 could be enabled again in Fedora kernel.
> >
> > BTW: that is a temporary branch, still under tests and it has not been announced yet.
> >

> > Lianbo,
>
> > Please STOP replying to the digest, but reply properly on the
> > appropriate email thread.
> > I've been involved in a lot of open source projects over the past 15 years,
> > and you're the only one I've ever seen that replies to a digest, not the
> > appropriate email thread.
>
> Good suggestions, David.
>
> I remember that you reminded me about this issue before this time. But recently my email system switched to Gmail, and made a mistake again. I'm trying to get used to the Gmail
> system.
>
> But anyway, I hope that my last reply answered your questions.

Yes, thank you.  But did you see my feedback about some of the error
output, when I tested your branch?
Do you have a list of existing issues?
I can fairly easily test your experimental branch on a series of
vmcores, if that helps.

Here's the feedback, cut/pasted from the other email thread:

I'm seeing a lot of "invalid input" displayed like the below when
using the 'bt' command.  Is this a known issue?

bt: invalid input: "jne"
bt: invalid input: "mov"
bt: invalid input: "movl"
bt: invalid input: "jne"