[Crash-utility] disk_dump_header status value

Agrain Patrick patrick.agrain at al-enterprise.com
Tue Mar 9 12:51:17 UTC 2021

Hello,

I have a dump file produced by makedumpfile with following command:

/sbin/makedumpfile -d 0 -c --message-level 7 /proc/vmcore /tmpd/crashdump-`date +"%Y%m%d-%H%M"`

When I edit the raw binary, it seems that the first bytes could be mapped to a disk_dump_header structure.
Is that correct ?

When doing this, all seems to match: signature (KDUMP), header version (6), utsname content, timestamp.
But not the status: I get 1 (INCOMPLETED), tough I'm able to analyze it with 'crash'.
I was expecting 0 or at least 8, because it should be zlib-compressed.

What am I missing ?

Thanks.
Best regards,
Patrick Agrain