[dm-devel] help : device-mapper ioctl cmd 9 failed: Invalid argument

kiran dalvi kiran_bd at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 21 07:45:02 UTC 2003

  Hi All,

  I am trying to use DM on my machine.
  My machine is Redhat Linux - 8.0,  kernel level 2.4.21 with properly
applied patches for DM.
  I also have device mapper tools installed properly on my machine.

  My problem is, when I tried to create a volume using dmsetup create
command with table file named
  dmsetup, I got following
  error message.

  $ dmsetup create dmsetup dmsetup
    device-mapper ioctl cmd 9 failed: Invalid argument
    Command failed

  contents of dmsetup file

  0       200781  linear  /dev/hda7       0
  200781  401562  linear  /dev/hdb8       0

  I am not able to get documentation for how to setup DM , if any one knows
where to get that please let
  me know.

  Please help me in solving this problem

  Thanks and kind regards,