[dm-devel] [ANNOUNCE] multipath-tools-0.3.9

christophe varoqui christophe.varoqui at free.fr
Sun Dec 5 15:43:12 UTC 2004

Hello,

here goes multipath-tools-0.3.9

This release implements the new kernel multipath policies :
      * no table reload when possible
      * use of "switch_group" and "reinstate_path" DM messages instead

A much improved and informational output format too.
And a new '-l' flag to list current multipath topology

Full ChangeLog for the release :

        * [multipath] add a "-l" flag to list the current
          multipath maps and their status info
        * [priority] zalloc controler to avoid random path_count
          at allocation time
        * [multipath] add configlet pointers in struct multipath
          to avoid searching for an entry over and over again
        * [multipath] new reinstate policy : on multipath exec,
          reinstate all failed paths the checkers report as ready
          if they belong to enabled path groups (not disabled, not
          active path group)
        * [multipath] fork a print_mp() out of print_all_mp()
        * [multipath] introduce PG priority, which is the sum of
          its path priorities. Set first_pg in the map string to
          the highest prio PG index.
        * [multipath] assemble maps scaning PG top down now that
          PG vector is unsorted
        * [multipath] move select_*() to propsel.c
        * [multipath] move devinfo() to devinfo.c
        * [multipath] move h/b/t/l fetching to sysfs_devinfo()
        * [multipath] move devt2devname() to devinfo.c so we can
          use it from dmparser.c too
        * [multipath] introduce select_alias() and clarify a bit
          of code
        * [multipath] don't sort PG anymore. We want the map as
          static as possible.
        * [multipath] fix a segfault in apply_format() triggered
          when no config file found.
        * [multipath] kill unused vars all over the place
        * [multipath] add a struct pathgroup in struct multipath
          Store the pathvec in it. We now have a place to store
          PG status, etc ...
        * [multipath] new dmparser.c, with disassemble_map(),
          disassemble_status()
        * [multipath] suppress *selector_args keywords. Merge
          in the selector string. Update config file templates.

As usual, doc and download at :
http://christophe.varoqui.free.fr/

regards,
--