[dm-devel] Re: get_evpd_wwid

Hannes Reinecke hare at suse.de
Mon Dec 20 07:31:12 UTC 2004

christophe varoqui wrote:
> Hello,
>
> what do think of suppressing the get_evpd_wwid() function ?
>
> 1. I have one bug report from Andy, describing an endless loop with an
> aacraid device.
>
> 2. the resulting uid is not identical to scsi_id output : missing the
> type prefix.
>
> Is it worth fixing this beast ?

Nope. Trash it.
IMHO it's better to have central tools (ie scsi_id) and let those handle
things correctly rather than to rely on our own, most likely imperfect,
fallback.
scsi_id has a wider scope, better testing, and another maintainer.
Less work for us, and fixing bugs in that ends up help a lot more
applications than just multipath-tools.

Cheers,

Hannes
Dr. Hannes Reinecke			hare at suse.de