[dm-devel] [ANNOUNCE] multipath-tools-0.4.1

christophe varoqui christophe.varoqui at free.fr
Wed Dec 22 01:09:40 UTC 2004

Le mardi 21 d?embre 2004 à 14:02 -0800, Caushik, Ramesh a écrit :
> The devinfo.c file in the multipath-tools-0.4.1 appears to have a typo
> in the code to get the node_name attr in the fc_transport sysfs entry.
> Path below should fix it. BTW why does a failure to get a node_name
> attribute, result in failure of multipath discovery (because devinfo
> returns failure)even if the "group_by_node_name" policy is not used ?
> Can't we just NULL out the tgt_node_name string in the sysfs_devinfo
> routine and fail the group_by_node_name routine if that policy was
> chosen ? That is what happened in my case. Multipath discovery failed
> due to above reason even though node_name grouping was not specified.

You are absolutely right.

I was aware that introducing that FC-ism would break for iSCSI and other
transports. I just thought I'll get that right in a next release because
I wasn't aware someone was using the thing in such an "exotic"
environment.

I would gladly get a description of your topology, by the way.
It would help to get it right in the future.

Anyway, I'll fix that for 0.4.2

regards,
--
christophe varoqui <christophe.varoqui at free.fr>