[dm-devel] unstable devmapper release: 2.6.0-udm1

Greg Freemyer freemyer-ml at NorcrossGroup.com
Fri Jan 2 14:57:01 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-01-02 at 15:31, Christophe Saout wrote:
> Am Fr, den 02.01.2004 schrieb Greg Freemyer um 20:57:
>
> > Any idea if dm-crypt will ever get into the standard 2.6.x kernel.
> >
> > Has it been discussed on lkml?
>
> Yes, it has been. Andrew Morton would accept the patch once Joe submits
> it.
>
> But please don't use the version I posted and is in 2.6.0-udm1, it has
> some bugs in it.

Thanks,

For now I was just curious if it was likely to become a standard part of
Linux.

I do want to start experimenting with 2.6.0/dm-crypt but I doubt I will
use 2.6.0, or even 2.6.1 in a production box.  For now I just want to
get familiar with it from a setup/config perspective.

Greg
--
Greg Freemyer