[dm-devel] 2.6.0-udm4

Joe Thornber thornber at redhat.com
Fri Jan 16 11:18:02 UTC 2004

As usual this is available via:
http://people.sistina.com/~thornber/dm/index.html

Changes since 2.6.0-udm3
------------------------

Revision 59:
  Add a suspend method to the log that flushes to disk, in case the
  mirror has been recovering without any io.

Revision 60:
  Make log->disk_header 1 sector in size rather than the actual size of
  the struct, since we can't read less than a sector.

Revision 61:
  When doing multiregion writes in dm-io.c the dpages struct wasn't
  being rewound for each region.

Revision 62:
  With 32 bit sector_t the block device size _in bytes_ is also cut to
  32 bit in __set_size when the block device is mount (a filesystem
  mounted). The argument should be cast to loff_t before expanding the
  sector count to a byte count and calling i_size_write.

  [Christophe Saout]

Revision 63:
  Misc snapshot updates:

  o Minumum hash size of 64 instead of setting hash size to 64 if the
    calculated size would be smaller than 1.

  o Only use list_entry if we are working on a list.

  o Check for drop_snapshot function before calling it (transient
    snapshots don't have one).

  o Use correct size prefix in status sprintf for chunk size.

  o Use C99 initializers.

  [Christophe Saout]

Revision 64:
  Lift the bio_list code from dm-raid1.c into dm-bio-list.h

  [Christophe Saout]

Revision 65:
  Modify dm.c, dm-raid1.c, dm-snap.c and dm-crypt.c to use
  the functions in dm-bio-list.h.

  [Christophe Saout]

Revision 66:
  path->fail_count needs to be initialized to non-zero, or a failed path will
  never actually be failed.

  Set to 1 for now, but this number can be increased if we don't want to fail
  the path on the very first I/O error.
  [Kevin Corry]

Revision 67:
  Make a #define for the minimum-io value.  [Kevin Corry]

Revision 68:
  We can't depend on the test_bio being the same every time it is submitted.
  Need to reset some of the fields in the bio each time.  [Kevin Corry]

Revision 69:
  Add a pointer from the priority-group back to the multipath context.

  [Kevin Corry]

Revision 70:
  Change the failed_ios list in the multipath structure from a stack to a queue
  using the new bio_list services.

  [Kevin Corry]

Revision 71:
  In test_path, instead of driving the test I/O, queue it on a list. When all
  test I/Os have been queued, they can then be driven down without having to
  hold the path_lock.  [Kevin Corry]

Revision 72:
  m->path_lock needs to be locked with spin_lock_irqsave() and unlocked with
  spin_lock_irqrestore().  [Kevin Corry]

Revision 73:
  If a test bio completes successfully and the path is currently invalid,
  reactivate the path.  [Kevin Corry]