[dm-devel] [ANNOUNCE] multipath-tools-0.2.6
christophe.varoqui at free.fr
Sat Jul 17 15:45:58 UTC 2004
here goes multipath-tools-0.2.6
It's a really big feature update.
I hope I'll get feedback on the new features :
1) system-disk-on-SAN corner case treated with private namespace and
ramfs for callback programs. Next release I'll move the mknod to the
ramfs too by binding the ramfs to /tmp so scsi_id's mknod will have the
safety net too. See prepare_namespace() in main.c for review.
2) multipath config tool now get path id from callback proggys.
/bin/scsi_id by default. The tools now rely heavily on callbacks, so I'd
like to have insights about how to treat the out-of-memory case with
regard to these execv(). I'm also pondering ripping off the
get_evpd_wiid() fallback : does someone care ?
Finally note you *need* to update your config file. Not because I want
you to ackowledge to huge work put into reformatting and commenting, but
simply because the synthax has changed.
Changelog for this release :
* [multipathd] implement the system-disk-on-SAN safety net
* [multipathd] add exit_daemon() wrapper function
* [multipathd] mlockall() all daemon threads
* [multipath] fix a bug in the mp_iopolicy_handler that kept
the iopolicy per LUN override from working
* [multipath] display the tur bit value in print_path
as requested by SUN
* try to open /$udev/reverse/$major:$minor before falling back
* add "udev_dir" to the defaults block in the config file
* merge "daemon" & "device_maps" config blocks into a new
* [multipath] properly comment the config file
* [multipath] generalize the dbg() macro usage
Makefile now has a DEBUG flag
* [multipath] move to callout based WWID fetching. Default to
scsi_id callout. I merged execute_program from udev for that
(so credit goes to GregKH)
* [multipath] get rid of "devnodes in /dev" assumption
ie move to "maj:min" device mapper target synthax
Downloads and docs at http://christophe.varoqui.free.fr
More information about the dm-devel