[dm-devel] Using dmsetup to create a snapshot...

Manu Tayal manut at mindtree.com
Wed Jul 21 12:57:36 UTC 2004

Hi,
I have installed device-mapper.1.00.18 on kernel 2.4.26. Now I want to create
a snapshot using "dmsetup". I could not get hold of enough documentation to
do the same. Can somebody tell me the steps which are required to do the
same.

My Setup: I have two hard disks on my system and I am using the second hard
disk to experiment with device mapper. What I was trying to do was create a
volume and install etx3 on the same. Then create a snapshot of it, mount the
snapshot and view the same. I was able to achieve this via EVMS but not with
dmsetup.

Any pointers to good documentation would also help.

Thanks and Regards,
Manu.

DISCLAIMER:
This message (including attachment if any) is confidential and may be privileged. Before opening attachments please check them for viruses and defects. MindTree Consulting Private Limited (MindTree) will not be responsible for any viruses or defects or any forwarded attachments emanating either from within MindTree or outside. If you have received this message by mistake please notify the sender by return  e-mail and delete this message from your system. Any unauthorized use or dissemination of this message in whole or in part is strictly prohibited.  Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change and MindTree shall not be liable for any improper, untimely or incomplete transmission.