[dm-devel] [RFC, PATCH] remove signal handling from dm-io.c, sync_io()

Dave Olien dmo at osdl.org
Fri Jun 11 02:04:16 UTC 2004

Yup, you're right.   I guess that explains why the async_io() routine
doesn't have the same BUG() calls.  All the raid1 calls are to async_io().

I'll put some thought into NOT using the bio_vec array to store
the region number.

So if the multi-region code works for async_io(), is there any reason
we shouldn't just remove the BUG() calls from sync_io(), to keep
the interfaces symmetric?