[dm-devel] Re: multipath tool priority group question

christophe.varoqui at free.fr christophe.varoqui at free.fr
Fri Mar 12 07:24:33 UTC 2004

Selon Mike Christie <mikenc at us.ibm.com>:
> Is the policy selector array the wlist? Are you sure you don't want to
> make this a text file. For reconfigurable devices like ours, I don't
> know what the sane default is.

Yes, I think I should keep the current wlist[] for hardwired defaults and
override them with an optional config file.

> What if the secondary paths work, it's just that switching
> to them is expensive? It looks like they will end up in one
> group.

Something like the group_by_serial might work for this case. Does your hardware
exibits some kind of out-of-plater info that could be used to group such paths ?
... we can add a new policy if the group_by_serial policy is what you need but
only with a different pivot.