[dm-devel] multipath dm setup

Andy genanr at emsphone.com
Tue May 4 17:01:56 UTC 2004

On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 09:21:53AM -0700, Joel Becker wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 10:31:16AM -0500, Kevin Corry wrote:
> > On Wednesday 28 April 2004 10:20 am, Andrew Ryan wrote:
> > > 0 591384779 multipath 10 2 round-robin 2 0 /dev/sdc1 /dev/sdg1 round-robin
> >                         ^^
> > Remove this "10". It's a constructor argument that was removed a while back.
> > Christophe's docs may be a little out of date.
>
> 	Even though we are all hackers here, someone should provide an
> easy location to discover this stuff.  Even with the terse inline
> comments, I've often had to really read the code to even begin to
> understand why dm is rejecting a table of mine.

I agree, there needs to be an up-to-date resouce for device-mapper with it's
various plugins.  I would also like to see LVM2/EVMS information also
included, since anyone using LVM2 will need information on device-mapper.

How can I use dm-multipath with LVM2?

pvcreate does not work on a dm device.

Andy