[dm-devel] sysfs problem.

Ling Hwa Hing hwahing.ling at nasioncom.com.my
Tue May 18 07:23:30 UTC 2004

Hi all,
Sorry to bug you again. I'm download the new version 0.20 and I've got compilation error for multipathd.

make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/multipath-tools-0.2.0/multipathd'
gcc -pipe -g -O2 -Wall -Wunused -Wstrict-prototypes -DDEBUG=1 -DFLOATING_STACKS   -c -o main.o main.c
gcc -pipe -g -O2 -Wall -Wunused -Wstrict-prototypes -DDEBUG=1 -DFLOATING_STACKS   -c -o devinfo.o devinfo.c
gcc -pipe -g -O2 -Wall -Wunused -Wstrict-prototypes -DDEBUG=1 -DFLOATING_STACKS   -c -o checkers.o checkers.c
gcc -lpthread -ldevmapper -lsysfs main.o devinfo.o checkers.o -o multipathd
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lsysfs
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [multipathd] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/multipath-tools-0.2.0/multipathd'

I found there are some different with 0.1.9 the multipathd does link with -lsysfs but 0.2.0 does.

I guess this is a dumb questions... if I compile multipathd to binary without link to -lsysfs the multipathd still be able to run. would it be any different without that?

Regards,
hwahing

----
I hope I can download more programming knowloedge to my brain, but not .NET