[dm-devel] [ANNOUNCE] multipath-tools-0.3.1

christophe varoqui christophe.varoqui at free.fr
Wed Oct 13 20:50:33 UTC 2004

> multipath/main.c lines 629-640
>
> 1) mp->pg at this point is NULL (0x0, at least for me), causing segfaults.
It shouldn't.

I can add a safety-net at that point but better you investigate what
goes wrong before that point.

> 2) The code doesn't do anything useful (unless I'm missing something).  It
> sprintf's into p, but never prints p out.

Don't oversight that p = mp->params, which is the string that gets fed
to the device-mapper via ioctl in setup_map().

setup_map(mp)
\_ select iopolicy for this multipath
\_ apply the iopolicy to mp->pathvec (vector of paths),
   store result in mp->pg (vector of vectors of paths)
\_ assemble_map() transforms mp->pg into mp-params string,
   formatted according to device-mapper params style
\_ select between CREATE or UPDATE device map
\_ do the device-mapper driving

normally, mp->pathvec can't be null at that point.
check with a "make DEBUG=3" if an iopolicy is selected,
because I can't see how an iopolicy can loose paths in the
transformation.

regards,
--
christophe varoqui <christophe.varoqui at free.fr>