[dm-devel] multipath-tools-0.3.2

christophe.varoqui at free.fr christophe.varoqui at free.fr
Wed Oct 20 13:27:09 UTC 2004

Selon Alasdair G Kergon <agk at redhat.com>:

> On Wed, Oct 20, 2004 at 12:28:46AM +0200, christophe varoqui wrote:
> > 4) libdevmapper has trivial compilation problems with klibc, which will
> > eventually resolve, but for now ...
>
> Specifically what?
> Then let's have add a libdevmapper configuration option to avoid them.

Last time I checked, it was the printf("\n") occurences that were not allowed by
klibc. Had to replace them by fprintf(stdout, "\n") ...

I guess I reported that to you or Joe already.
I don't know if recent klibc are more tolerent.

Anyway, distributors need to package klibc-linked libdevmapper.a and libsysfs.a
for programs like the multipath-tools to ship without the libs. Plus klibc.a
and headers ... all in sync.

Seems quite hard, so I guess I'll package the libs for some times unless someone
has better insights. /sigh/

That said, distributors will have the choice to trim the package down, as I will
include in 0.3.4 glibc-build / dynamic linking Makefiles. This was asked by
Suse.

regards,
cvaroqui