[dm-devel] Re: [ANNOUNCE] multipath-tools-0.3.4

christophe.varoqui at free.fr christophe.varoqui at free.fr
Mon Oct 25 09:38:43 UTC 2004

Selon Arjan van de Ven <arjan at infradead.org>:

> On Mon, 2004-10-25 at 00:14 +0200, christophe varoqui wrote:
>
> > 	* multipath & multipathd now use the same path checkers.
> > 	  Consequence being multipath now need sg loaded
>
> why sg and not using SG_IO on the actual devices ?
> mp-tools are 2.6 only anyway, right ?

Glad you notice :)

In fact all the sg stuff I use is done with the SG_IO ioctl (see
libcheckers/*.c)
But somehow, it doesn't work as expected. I don't remember how exactly it failed
in my tests but it did ... I remembered receiving bad path status and
experiencing blocked checkers.

I would really like someone experienced put his nose in this stuff. If you want,
I can code up a flag to switch the mp-tools ioctl submission between blockdev
and sgdev.

Note you don't need to have real multipathed hardware to run and test the thing
: parallel SCSI hw suffice and is seen as monopath.

regards,
cvaroqui