[dm-devel] Re: [ANNOUNCE] multipath-tools-0.3.4

Mike Christie mikenc at us.ibm.com
Tue Oct 26 17:52:25 UTC 2004

Lars Marowsky-Bree wrote:

> On 2004-10-25T11:38:43, christophe.varoqui at free.fr wrote:
>

>>In fact all the sg stuff I use is done with the SG_IO ioctl (see
>>libcheckers/*.c) But somehow, it doesn't work as expected. I don't
>>remember how exactly it failed in my tests but it did ... I remembered
>>receiving bad path status and experiencing blocked checkers.
>

> Can you please clarify the error you saw? I didn't experience that yet
> with the SG_IO ioctl().

I think it was because of this bug
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-scsi&m=108617935710955&w=2

If you are using qla2xxx and you unplug the cable, the qlogic driver
will return did_not_connect in the host byte. If you used
the block layer sg io code you will then not get the host bytes
returned to you, and the checker will always think the patch
is back up.