[dm-devel] Re: [multipath] SCSI device capacity mess

James Bottomley James.Bottomley at SteelEye.com
Tue Oct 26 21:34:33 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-10-26 at 19:27, christophe varoqui wrote:
> 1) make the /sys/block/*/size attribute writable
> 2) resurrect a BLKSETSIZE ioctl
> 3) make device-mapper less strict, and hope we can fix the size by a
> device rescan when it get activated
> 4) sell the culprit hardware

Only 3 & 4 look viable.  There's little point introducing an extra API
or ioctl specifically to defeat a check, since the check will now be
useless anyway.

The "random" value is 1GB by the way.  Since the dawn of time SCSI has
reported this for devices that failed read capacity.

James