[dm-devel] [ANNOUNCE] multipath-tools-0.2.9

christophe varoqui christophe.varoqui at free.fr
Sat Sep 25 22:14:23 UTC 2004

Le samedi 25 septembre 2004 à 10:24 +0200, Bastian Blank a écrit :
> On Sat, Sep 25, 2004 at 02:24:09AM +0200, christophe varoqui wrote:
> >         * [multipathd] include linux/unistd.h for _syscall2
> >           definition on RedHat systems. Remove superfluous
> >           asm/unistd.h include
>
> Please don't use the _syscall macros. They describe a kernel interface
> which is not exported by the libc and should never directly used by
> applications. This usage also breaks on many architectures. Use the
> syscall library call for this.

Yes, don't worry : this ChangeLog entry is overriden. I moved from
sys_clone to clone/clone2 just before releasing so there is no _syscall2
user anymore.

That said, kpartx, which is fork of util-linux' partx, still has an
offender-from-the-past (_lseek). If you want to contribute a patch ...

regards,
--
christophe varoqui <christophe.varoqui at free.fr>